Dust off your Christmas lights and decorations! It’s time to start preparing for the River 94.9 Ipswich Christmas Lights Competition. Residents, business owners and neighbours are encouraged to celebrate the festive season by creating their own ‘suburban wonderlands’ with colourful, sparkling Christmas lights, animated features and festive décor.
Entrants have the opportunity to win a share of $5,500 in prize money. The Best Street will also win a Street Party Pack thanks to IGA Springfield Lakes, including a visit from a Broncos Legend!
Entry is free and open to Ipswich residents, businesses and community organisations.
This year there are four categories:
- Best Residential presented by IGA West Ipswich
- Best Business/Organisation presented by IGA Springfield Lakes
- Best Street presented by IGA Springfield Lakes
- People’s Choice presented by Energex
Entries and Judging
- Complete the online Christmas Lights Competition entry form via the button below.
- Entries must be received before Tuesday 3 December 2019.
- Competitors are required to have their lights on display for judging from 7.00 pm – 10.00 pm each night between Wednesday 4 December and Sunday 8 December 2019.
- Winners will be publicly announced on Friday 13 December 2019.
- The full list of Christmas lights entrant locations will be available from Friday 6 December 2019.
Tips and Tricks
Before you start decorating, view and/or download our Christmas Lighting Tips and Tricks Guide to help you with lighting display design and electrical safety.