TERMS & CONDITIONS
CHRISTMAS LIGHTS COMPETITION 2019
1. Information on how to enter the 2019 Christmas Lights Competition (the Competition) forms part of the terms and conditions of entry.
2. Entrants into the Christmas Lights Competition will be deemed as having read the full terms and conditions before entry and as having accepted these terms and conditions.
3. The Competition commences on Tuesday 1 October 2019 and entries must be received by closing date at 4pm on Tuesday 3 December 2019. No entries will be accepted after the close date. The decision of the Promoter to accept and reject an entry is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
4. The “Promoter” means Ipswich City Council, ABN 61 461 981 07, of 45 Roderick St Ipswich 4305.
How to Enter:
5. Entry into the Christmas Lights Competition is free and only available to residents, businesses and community organisations within the Ipswich City boundaries.
6. Entry forms are available online at www.christmasinipswich.com.au
7. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
8. Employees of Ipswich City Council and their immediate family are ineligible to enter – ‘immediate family’ being a person or persons dwelling in the same house. However Employees of Ipswich City Council can submit a non-entry by uploading a photo or video in the non-entry section for public viewing. Address details can be supplied for the public to visit the non-entry dwelling. These non-entries are ineligible to win a prize. The Personal Information displayed in the non-entry section is for public viewing and will not be used for media purposes by the Promoter.
9. Entrants are required to have their light displays illuminated for public viewing for the People’s Choice Award judging from 7.30pm to 9.30pm on Wednesday 4 December 2019 to Sunday 8 December 2019, and are encouraged to keep their lights on until 10.00 pm on Thursday 26 December 2019. Christmas Light Tours will visit select properties from Monday 16 December to Saturday 21 December, 2019.
10. All entrants agree to allow the Promoter and its contractors or agents to publicise the address at which the entrants Christmas Lights will be displayed in media, including flyers and promotional material. Publication of these address details will only be for the purpose of promoting the Competition and no other personal information of entrants will be published.
11. By entering this competition you agree to Ipswich City Council notifying you of details of this Competition, and future Christmas Lights competitions.
12. All entrants agree to allow the Promoter and its contractors or agents to publicise photos, sound recordings and video recordings of their display in media, including flyers and promotional material and that the Promoter is not required to pay a fee for this use/purpose.
13. All entrants must display the Official Christmas Lights Corflute Sign in a prominent illuminated position during the judging period. Corflute Signs can be collected from the Ipswich Visitor Information Centre, 14 Queen Victoria Parade, Ipswich from Saturday 23 November to Wednesday 4 December 2019.
14. The Competition will be run in the following categories Best Residential, Best Street and Best Business/Organisation categories.
• At the time of entry Entrants must nominate which category of the Competition they are entering and upload a maximum of two (2) quality photos or/ and one (1) video as a part of the application. The finalists will be judged from the eligible entries within and according to their nominated category and from photos and videos submitted as part of the entry. Finalist judging will take place on Wednesday 4 December, 2019 and Thursday 5 December, 2019 with a rain night option for Friday 6 December, 2019.
• At the time of entry, Entrants must nominate whether their entry is also part of a “Best Street” entry. Entry to the “Best Street” category is conditional upon a minimum of four (4) houses on the same street entering the category. Each household entering this category must complete an individual entry form and tick the ‘Street Entry Box’ on the entry form.
• All eligible entries will automatically be entered into the People’s Choice Award section. The winner of the People’s Choice Award will be determined according to which entry receives the most votes lodged on-line at www.christmasinipswich.com.au during the voting period which commences on 9am Wednesday 4 December, 2019 and closes at 10pm Sunday 8 December, 2019.
• The voting parameters for all categories are based on: First impressions; Creative design – attractive use of light and colour; Showmanship – creativity and uniqueness/Christmas theme; Use of non-lighting decorations and Atmosphere.
GENERAL CATEGORY PRIZES:
a. People’s Choice Award $ 1,000 Winner
b. Best Residential $ 1,000 Winner / $500 Runner Up
c. Best Street $ 1,000 + Street Party Pack Winner / $500 Runner Up
d. Best Business/Organisation $ 1,000 Winner / $500 Runner Up
Total Prize Pool: $5,500
Street Party Pack Details – Best Street Winning Entry Only
• Street Party Pack consists of catered BBQ to the value of $500.00 with special appearance by Brisbane Broncos legend.
• Street Party Pack will be delivered on a date falling before 31 March 2020.
• Selection of the Street Party date is subject to availability of the Brisbane Broncos legend, the Promoter and its contractors or agents.
• Winning Street must provide residential address for location to host the Street Party.
• The Promoter will supply BBQ and chef, food and non-alcoholic beverages and limited seating only.
• The Promoter accepts no responsibility for damage, injury, or theft which may occur as a result of the Street Party.
• The Promoter and its contractors or agents, may take photographs, sound recordings and video recordings of the Street Party and attendees. The Media may include images or recordings of you (“Personal Information”). Council may use and manage the Personal Information for marketing and promotional purposes for promoting the event and acknowledging the entrants.
15. Prize values are GST inclusive and are in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from winning the Prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
16. Limitation on entries: Entrants are limited to entering one category either residence or business (not including entry into Best Street and the People’s Choice Award category which is automatic).
17. Top Finalists will be invited to the presentation of winners on Thursday 12 December at the Christmas Wonderland, Nerima Gardens, Queens Park. As a part of the presentation, finalists will have the opportunity to take a tour with the Christmas Wonderland Creative Designer for guidance and advice on applying Christmas lights to the outdoor areas. Winning entrants will be provided with a Direct Payment Agreement Form which they must complete and return via email to [email protected] by Monday 16 December, 2019.
18. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to the Christmas Lights Competition, the decision of the Judges shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
19. Judging of an entry will only apply to exterior displays and will be assessed from the front of the property.
20. Displays may be a combination of Christmas lights and decorations only. Entries must not contain any material that is defamatory, discriminating, obscene, indecent, harassing, or threatening or is otherwise unlawful. Any entry that at the discretion of the Promoter is deemed to be offensive, discriminatory, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing, or threatening, will immediately be disqualified from entering the Competition. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Competition is final. No correspondence and/or discussion will be entered into.
21. The misuse of electricity can cause injury or death. Entrants must not use any indoor lighting products outdoors, and must comply with the safety instructions on all electrical products used. Electrical safety is paramount and must be exercised at all times. Misuse of electricity could lead to your disqualification from the competition.
22. Inspections by qualified electricians to check the safety of the entrant’s display are highly recommended, and will be the responsibility and at the expense of each entrant.
23. Householder insurance policies should be checked by each entrant to ensure appropriate cover is included. All Entrants must have current Public Liability Insurance cover that protects you in relation to anything you propose doing as part of your participation in the Ipswich Christmas Lights Competition. Please check with your Insurer for correct cover amount. In the absence of current Public Liability cover, your entry will be disqualified. Ipswich City Council and its representatives accept no responsibility or liability for any actions or incidents related to or occurring during the Christmas Lights Competition at or near the property of any individual entrant.
24. Entrants need to consider the impact their display will have on the safety of vehicular and pedestrian traffic and must plan to ensure that any risks are minimised.
25. Entrants are not to use the footpath, electricity poles, nor any property outside their property boundary for any purpose of their display.
26. Rental tenants must seek written permission from their landlords before entering this competition.
27. For safety and security reasons the Promoter recommends that free-standing Christmas Lights/Props are designed so that they are able to be removed and secured overnight. The security of all aspects of the display is the sole responsibility of the entrant.
28. The organisers and sponsors accept no responsibility for damage, injury, or theft which may occur as a result of your entry into this competition.
29. Failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions of Entry may lead to immediate disqualification of an entry and withdrawal of prizes.
30. The Christmas Lights Competition is designed to encourage community participation and the spirit of giving and sharing. Entrants agree to enter the competition in the spirit in which it was intended and act accordingly.
31. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, tampers with the entry process not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Competition which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Competition and/or Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
32. The Promoter and its contractors or agents, may take photographs, sound recordings and video recordings of runner ups, finalists and winners at the address which the entrants Christmas Lights will be displayed and at the presentation evening that will be held. The Media may include images or recordings of you (“Personal Information”). Council may use and manage the Personal Information for marketing and promotional purposes for promoting the event and acknowledging the entrants.
33. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, defect, theft or destruction or alteration of entries, howsoever caused, nor responsibility for property or personal and third party damage, injury or theft which may occur as a result of your entry into the Christmas Lights Competition.
34. Collection Boxes are strictly prohibited unless the Entrant can provide a letter of authority from a registered charity and the charity details are prominently displayed on the premises.
35. To the extent permitted by law, each entrant and the Prize winner (including any person that consumes the Prize with the Prize winner) irrevocably waives all rights against the Promoter and its related companies, its employees, servants, agents, independent contractors or representatives (together, the ‘Indemnified Persons’) and releases and discharges the Indemnified Persons from all claims, liability, costs, expenses, damages or losses (whether direct, indirect or consequential and whether arising under statute, from negligence, personal injury, death, property damage or otherwise) arising from or in connection with the Competition or the Prize. These terms do not limit or exclude liability to the extent that liability cannot, by law, be limited or excluded.
36. To the extent permitted by law, neither the Promoter nor any of its related companies or associated agencies accepts any liability to the prize winner(s) or anyone else for any injury, damages, expenses or loss whatsoever (including without limitation loss of profit, revenue or business and indirect, consequential, special or incidental loss or damage), relating to entry into the Competition or which is sustained in the course of accepting or using a prize.
37. All entry forms submitted become the property of the Promoter.
38. Entrants acknowledge and agree that as a result of entering the Competition they are providing their personal information to the Promoter (Ipswich City Council) and its contracted service providers for the purpose of administering the Competition, awarding prizes, and publicity (including publication of entrant’s addresses for the purpose of facilitating viewing of entries by the public). Furthermore entrants acknowledge and agree that their personal information will be handled in accordance with Council’s Privacy Statement and Personal Information Digest. A copy of Council’s Privacy Statement and Personal Information Digest can be accessed at: http://www.ipswich.qld.gov.au/about_council/corporate_publications/privacy.